[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - Giants co-owner John Mara spoke to reporters at Tuesday’s

Giants co-owner John Mara spoke to reporters at Tuesday’s

Das gefällt mir, das find ich nicht so toll

Giants co-owner John Mara spoke to reporters at Tuesday’s

Beitragvon liny195 » 13. Februar 2019, 08:31

owners meeting and he held court on two topics having to do with the 1-5 teams that have been discussed often in recent weeks.One was wide receiver Odell Beckham‘s ESPN interview and Mara took the stance that he’d prefer Beckham “do a little more playing and a little less talking.” The other was quarterback Eli Manning‘s play so far in the 2018 season.Many have seen Manning’s play as a continuation of the struggles of recent seasons and confirmation that the team should have done more to find an alternative option for the 2018 season. Mara was steadfast about Manning being the right choice to run the offense all offseason and hasn’t changed his tune despite the generally horrid results thus far.“We still believe in him , but everybody needs to do their jobs in order for us to be successful, and right now that not happening … I know he the punching bag right now, but a lot of guys need to play better when you 1-5,” Mara said, via Dan Graziano of ESPN.com.Mara gave former head coach Ben McAdoo the green light to bench Manning last season before reversing course and firing McAdoo after Geno Smith started and lost a game to the Raiders. He said Tuesday, via Judy Battista of NFL Media, that it is head coach Pat Shurmur’s call if they are going to make a change this season , but last year’s history suggests that Shurmur may be treading lightly when it comes to addressing the quarterback spot. Brett Favre and co-host Bruce Murray spent a good chunk of the Hall of Fame quarterback’s Wednesday SiriusXM Radio show discussing New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning’s struggles this season as his team has opened 1-3. And, not surprisingly, Favre believes the problems stem primarily from the lack of a quality, pass-protecting offensive line.Favre, who has seen just one Giants game this season — Week 2’s 20-13 loss to the Dallas Cowboys — said that the line “couldn’t protect at all.” And he seemed surprised that this has been an ongoing problem in New York, given the Giants have known what type of quarterback Manning is since 2004:Murray asked Favre if he’s been in a similar situation in his career, where a lack of offensive line protection left him feeling “gun shy ,” to which Favre responded, “absolutely.” And speaking on his own experience, Favre provided what could be a glimpse into Manning’s thought process this season: “I think guys that are really, really, true competitors and have played a long time have a tendency when things go, if they go bad, that you try to do too much.” However , Favre considers such a tendency “a good quality... yes, that gets you in trouble, and then more criticism falls upon you,” but that long-term starters like Manning do begin to “try to do too much when [games] are not going as well as you hoped.”Favre also made it clear that Manning’s time hasn’t passed, saying that, “I think given good protection, I think we’ve seen an Eli [who] we’ve known to be there at the end. I think that’s still there. And I don’t see skills diminishing , I see an offensive line struggling to protect him right now. And if they can figure that out, I think you’ll see the Eli that we’ve know for so long.”Murray also asked Favre about his experiences with self-doubt and whether those same feelings could creep into Manning’s mind should the Giants as a whole not improve as the season wears on. While Favre was clear that he “can only assume,” what’s going through Manning’s head, but in his experience he did doubt himself. “‘Do I still have it? Do people still believe in me? Is it my fault? What else can I do? What else should I do?’ All those thoughts crossed my mind,” said Favre, who believes such thoughts are inevitable. “If you play long enough, you know the tides will turn and you will question [yourself.] I would think that any player that’s played a really long time , as long as Eli... has been around long enough [and] has had some adversity, questions whether or not they still have it.”
liny195

Zurück zu Lob und Kritik