[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - Rookie quarterback Kyle Lauletta will not be suspended

Rookie quarterback Kyle Lauletta will not be suspended

Das gefällt mir, das find ich nicht so toll

Rookie quarterback Kyle Lauletta will not be suspended

Beitragvon liny195 » 3. Januar 2019, 03:49

by the New York Giants for his arrest last Tuesday in a traffic incident. He also will not be playing on Monday night when the Giants face the San Francisco 49ers on Monday Night Football. Eli Manning will continue to be the team’s starting quarterback.Coach Pat Shurmur said Monday that Lauletta would face “internal consequences” for his actions while running late for practice.Lauletta faced the media music on Tuesday.It’s never a good sign when a horde of media is waiting around the locker of a third-string rookie quarterback who has never taken an NFL snap and has , in fact, never been active for an NFL game.That was the case Tuesday, though, as the 23-year-old Lauletta had to explain what happened last Tuesday when he was stopped by Weehawken police en route to practice. Charges against Lauletta included eluding police, a third-degree crime, obstructing administration of law and resisting arrest. Lauletta also faces traffic charges including reckless driving.Am emotional Lauletta apologized “to the Giants organization, all the coaches, my teammates, the fans, my family, especially my parents.” He said the arrest was a “terrible representation of who I am and what I stand for.”The root of the problem on Tuesday? Lauletta said he got up late.“By waking up late I put myself in an unfavorable position and now I’m going to have to deal with the consequences,” he said.One of those consequences is that now a player who had been lauded for his intelligence, anticipation, accuracy and on-field calm now has to rebuild the Giants’ confidence in his decision-making.“It’s disappointing the way that went down ,” Shurmur said on Tuesday. “I’m disappointed because especially with a quarterback you’re looking at decision-making in all facets of a player’s life.”The coach also said that “The way I look at it quarterbacks should be early” for practice.Lauletta told media that he usually is early.“Had I left an hour earlier none of that probably would have ever happened,” he said. “That’s my fault, it’s no one else’s fault. Right is right, wrong is wrong and my parents raised me better than that.”Lauletta said his arrest was “a horrible feeling,” but said “No” when asked if the Giants should question his decision-making.“I showed with what happened I made a bad decision, I made a horrible decision that I’ll regret for the rest of my life,” Lauletta said. “I can’t take it back, though. The only thing I can do is make good decisions moving forward, show up to work early every day and work my butt off.”So, when might Lauletta get to play?Shurmur made no promises about the Giants’ quarterback situation beyond Monday’s game against the 49ers.“I spoke to Eli a couple times this weekend and I explained to Eli that he’s going to start Monday,” Shurmur said. “I also explained to Eli that everybody needs to play better and as we go through this, it’s important that we’re not ‘almost’ in these games, we do what we have to do to get it over the top and win football games. We’ll just take it from there.”Shurmur said to spoke to Manning with “the idea that he’s going to get us on a run here and there will be no decisions to be made. In other words, part of the conversation was , we trust you, we want to work with you, and we trust the fact that you’re going to get in there and help us win football games.”The coach didn’t give any indication of when he thought Lauletta could be ready to play.He’s working himself in a position to play, he’s done a good job out here in practice. He’s a small school quarterback, so there was a lot to learn and there is a lot to learn about how to prepare in the NFL, and he’s going through the process of doing that,” Shurmur said.“When you bring in rookie quarterbacks, there is a process they have to go through to develop and some guys have to develop further than others. Once the world quits seeing the training camp practices, that continues and guys pick up things at different paces. You can look at all the first-round draft pick quarterbacks – Donovan McNabb didn’t start until Week 8, and he was a first-round pick. Some of these other guys have started right away and they were picked higher, and so I don’t know what the world is expecting, we’re just trying to get him as good as he can be so that when he goes in there he has success.”Final thoughtsIt seems as though the Giants and Lauletta are trying to move past last week’s disappointment and get him ready to play in some games as they try to begin figuring out what their future will look like at the position. I will reiterate that Lauletta may not be the long-term solution, but getting him snaps is where the process of finding that solution begins. His arrest may have delayed that process, but it doesn’t appear that it will derail it.It’s also apparent that the Giants have made Manning aware the starting job may not be his much longer. If he wins some games he will continue play. If he doesn’t , he won’t. Good morning, New York Giants fans! Here are your Thursday morning headlines.Eli Manning: “I’d love to throw it down the field”The hot-button topic with the Giants quarterback continued on Wednesday to be the lack of downfield passing in the offense thus far this season. As he had previously in the week, Manning said that what throw to make is about assessing the risk involved.“If you think you can complete the pass then you throw it. If you don’t, if it’s a risk, a turnover or throwing it into double coverage then that’s not what it’s about so yeah you try to put your playmakers in a position to get open and that’s what we’re doing,” Manning said. “Sometimes they take away certain things you got to check it down and try to get a first down and move the chains and live for another down, another opportunity coming up.”Manning said Wednesday he would relish taking the deep shots — if they are available.“Hey, I’d love to get some shots, I’d love to throw it down the field – hit some long ones and that’s fine and we may get some of those, but if not, still got to run your offense and you can score points,” he said I don’t care how you do it. It doesn’t matter if it’s throwing it deep, throwing it short. It’s a matter of hey we have to get the ball to the end zone.”Brett Favre says Eli Manning needs better OL protectionLet’s talk about Eli Manning, risk management and the Giants’ offenseValentine’s Views: Whoever you blame , Giants’ struggles land at the feet of the offenseLandon Collins looking forward to return of OV Linebacker Olivier Vernon could play this weekend for the first time this season. Defensive co-captain Landon Collins is happy about that.“He means a lot to this defense. He’s a big part of it. We need him. I think he’s going to be back this week. He’s a big part of the defense,” Collins said. “He’s just a big part of the defense. He gets some sacks on the quarterback, definitely some TFL’s (tackle-for-loss). Big part of the defense.”Around the Inter-GoogleMaybe it's time to let Odell Beckham Jr. be himself again | NewsdayOdell Beckham Jr. has so far done an impressive job of keeping his cool. "I have sacrificed and made personal changes, doing all I can to be the best teammate and bring everything that I can every SunNY Giants: Saquon Barkley can be the solution to the offense's problemNY Giants have the player in Saquon Barkley who can be a solution to solving their offensive problem. Now they've got to commit to actually doing it.Plenty of blame to go around for Giants' ugly 1-3 start to season - NFL.comJudy Battista finds a Giants team searching for answers, and struggling to find them, after falling to the Saints in East Rutherford. Did the G-Men miscalculate this offseason?Eric Reid has no plans to stick to sports: 'Nothing will change unless you talk about it' - CBSSports.comReid, one of the league's best safeties, couldn't find work until the Panthers signed him last week2018 NFL Rookie Rankings through Week 4 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football FocusCleveland Browns quarterback Denzel Ward and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley, among others, land in the top-10 of our 2018 NFL rookie rankings through Week 4.How Pat Shurmur can salvage the Giants' offense and save their season | SNYGiants approach key stretch of games with sense of urgency | NewsdayThe Giants' playoff hopes may be determined by how successful they are in a two-games-in-five-days schedule.It’s time the Giants go all-in on Saquon BarkleyThe Cowboys needed rescuing last Sunday against the Lions and Ezekiel Elliott rescued them.The Giants need rescuing this Sunday in Carolina and they should...Ex-Giants star officially says goodbye, sells N.J. home for $1M (PHOTOS) | NJ.comThe former New York Giants star put the home on the market in April after being traded.
liny195

Zurück zu Lob und Kritik