[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - e in his hands and his love of de

e in his hands and his love of de

Gewinnspiele, Aktionen und vieles mehr

e in his hands and his love of de

Beitragvon caicai2017 » 18. Dezember 2018, 06:12

"It was amazing to watch him with these suit-makers," said Hatfield. "He was picking out materials, and he literally said, 'I don't like that lapel. What can we do that's different?' He was very involved in the process."
That experience led Hatfield to believe that Jordan could provide serious input on the design of his third shoe.
"[Jordan] had a really good sense of style," Hatfield said. "I don't think anybody in the business had quite grasped that there were athletes who were capable of being true collaborators."
Hatfield dug through new materials booklets, eyeing exotic textures entirely new to the basketball-shoe world while looking for a more broken-in and rich tumbled leather for the upper. He also knew Jordan would likely prefer a mid-cut shoe, offering up a combination of more mobility and protection.After a four-hour wait -- keep in mind, Nike's founder waited around for no one -- the Air Jordan 3 meeting was underway.
"I'm glad you finally made it," Knight said firmly. "All right, Tinker, take it over."
After walking Jordan through his many inspirations -- the luxurious, elephant-skin texture that would accent the shoe's toe and heel, and the return of a black colorway that had sparked the industry and league on the first Air Jordan -- Hatfield pulled the sample out. The tongue's "Jumpman" logo was the defining callout, the first time it had been incorporated on an Air Jordan shoe.
"When I picked the shoe up, Michael grabbed it from me and started looking at it," Hatfield said. "He was in a bad mood, and then 20 minutes later, he had the shoe in his hands and his love of design and his love of the process that we had gone through, it all came back to him."
Hatfield's decision to lead with the Jumpman logo set the design direction of the series and erased Jordan's grumpiness and uneasiness at the time. Thirty years later, the logo has become the defining symbol of one of the most impactful brands in footwear, tallying more than $3 billion in sales per year.That was a turning point," Hatfield said. "At the very last moment, I chose to leave the Swoosh off and go with the Jumpman. It was an argument with some people in marketing at the time, so I threw them a bone and put Nike on the back. No one knew. I had made the call last minute."That decision was part of Hatfield's desire to frame the Air Jordan 3 around Jordan as an icon worthy of his own brand, something that would become a reality a decade later.
"Even though I didn't know him that well, I thought it would be really great to talk to MJ about having his own brand," he said. "But I was conflicted; I thought the Swoosh looked good on the shoe. It was designed to have a Swoosh -- that's why it works [now]; there's a good place for it. On the other hand, I had this Jumpman logo and knew it would be right for the shoe."
caicai2017

Zurück zu Aktionen rund um den Hund