[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - The half size smaller shoe was

The half size smaller shoe was

Gewinnspiele, Aktionen und vieles mehr

The half size smaller shoe was

Beitragvon Labi1995 » 23. Juli 2018, 04:57

Several weeks ago I posted a first impression post on the Saucony Grid Type A6. In that post I mentioned that the shoe seemed to fit longer and narrower than the A5 (I had both in size 10.5), and I indicated I was hoping to get ahold of a pair in size 10 for comparison.
I actually have not run in the A6’s since writing that post since I felt the shoes fit kind of long. I finally went ahead and ordered myself a pair of size 10’s and just tried them on.
My impression is that the 10’s are a much better fit – I have a thumb’s width between my big toe and tip of the shoe in the 10, thumb and a half in the 10.5. Right now I’m wearing the size 1 0 A6 on one foot, and my size 10.5 A5 on the other, and they seem comparable in length. The A6 does feel like a narrower shoe, but it’s hard to say for certain since my A5’s are well broken-in and the A6’s are brand new.
The photos below indicate the location of the tip of my big toe in the two shoes (yellow = 10.5, orange = 10):So my recommendation regarding sizing is that you may want to consider sizing down a half size from what you wear in the A5 if you are considering the A6. The A6 will feel snugger for most people I think, but I’m hoping that with some upper break-in and insole compression the fit will improve. I may also try swapping in a thinner insole. They feel great with the insole removed, but unfortunately there is an abrasive mesh below the insole so running without it may not work so well.I bought the A5’s just before the A6’s were available and glad I did. I got the A5’s as a dedicated indoor training shoe, but with the intention of road racing in them when the time came. The time came and so it was time for another set of indoor shoes. I really enjoyed the fit and feel of the A5 for the workouts, but much more so when running full tilt. I went and purchased A6’s for my new workout shoes as they seemed similar to the A5’s in many respects. However, I hadn’t noticed what should have been obvious, that the A6’s were longer and narrower in the toe box than the same sized A5’s. Rovatti’s observation of a 1/2 size longer is spot on. I went back to my favorite shoe shop and tried on a half size smaller. The longer shoe felt more comfortable and less like a shoe on my foot, which I prefer. The half size smaller shoe was clearly a half size too small for me. In addition, I couldn’t discern any performance drop from the added length beyond the toe in the bigger shoe. I still prefer the A5’s but can report that the A6’s have worked just fine for the indoor trainingI noticed the A6 is slightly longer but I stuck with my normal shoe size. The major difference for me is that the shoe feels more narrow through the midsole, and thus slightly less supportive. They still feel like a fast shoe and would be my go-to for the roads. Nearly perfect, except for the heinous color combos in the A6 and the fact that I have to glue the drainage holes, which only let icy water in at this time of year.
Labi1995

Zurück zu Aktionen rund um den Hund