[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - Here’s something I didn’t know 15 minutes ago: Corporal puni

Here’s something I didn’t know 15 minutes ago: Corporal puni

Neuigkeiten und Wissenswertes rund ums Forum

Here’s something I didn’t know 15 minutes ago: Corporal puni

Beitragvon liny195 » 28. Oktober 2019, 07:46

in schools remains legal in 19 states.Here’s something else I didn’t know: Kentucky had more than 400 incidents of corporal punishment during the most recent school year , up from the prior school year.I now know these things thanks to the efforts of Saints linebacker Demario Davis (pictured) and Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin, who have on behalf of the Players Coalition written a column for TheHill.com calling on the 19 states that still allow corporal punishment in schools to get rid of it.“For states that allow corporal punishment, a minor offense or mistake can lead to lasting mental, emotional and physical effects for students,” Davis and Baldwin write.Amen to that. In 1972, as a six-year-old first-grader, I made the mistake of accidentally bumping into the teacher while returning to the classroom from recess. She grabbed me by the upper arm and dug her nails deep into the flesh, leaving an ugly bruise with a red perimeter where the skin had broken. I don’t remember much from 47 years ago , but I definitely remember this.I’d just assumed that teachers no longer impose corporal punishment on students. Plenty of you probably thought the same thing. If you, like me, are horrified to think that teachers still have license in 19 states to strike children who behave at times like (wait for it) children, let your elected representatives know that this nonsense must end, now.And let Davis and Baldwin know in the comments that you appreciate their efforts to ensure that all kids growing up in today’s America — who already have more than enough crap to worry about in school and elsewhere — won’t have to also worry about being beaten by their teachers. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll believes he added a unique piece to his defense when he acquired Jadeveon Clowney in a trade with the Texans.Carroll said today that Clowney’s mix of size and speed, and his ability to play the run and the pass, will bring things to the table that other players can’t bring.“He’s a rare football player,” Carroll said. “He’s got special skills that most guys don’t have. His great quickness , his reaction time, his length that he can use, his ability to run, his instincts. He’s made a lot of plays in the backfield over the years, instinctive plays, penetrating and causing problems. We plan to allow him to do that in our scheme and he’ll fit really well with what we’re doing. He’s a great fit whether it’s early downs or third downs. He’s pretty much got what you’re looking for.”There aren’t many players in the NFL with Clowney’s athletic talent. The Seahawks didn’t have to give up much to acquire that talent, and Carroll is excited.
liny195

Zurück zu Ankündigungen und News