[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - Shanahan and the rest of the team

Shanahan and the rest of the team

Fragen zum Forum und zur Bedienung

Shanahan and the rest of the team

Beitragvon officialsbaseball » 6. Dezember 2018, 08:43

VANCOUVER , British Columbia (AP) It wasn’t the ending anyone wanted to see in a marquee showdown between Calder trophy contenders Brock Boeser and Mathew Barzal.Boeser, the rookie Vancouver forward who leads his team offensively, lay face down on the ice in the final seconds of regulation in what would be a 4-3 Canucks’ overtime victory against the New York Islanders on Monday night.After falling awkwardly into the boards, Boeser was helped to the locker room and taken to a hospital for precautionary reasons.”You are always concerned no matter what when a player is injured,” Canucks coach Travis Green said. ”I don’t want to make a comment on it. I hope he’s all right. I think our guys feel like it’s a bruise.”New York’s Barzal, a Coquitlam, British Columbia, native, made his first NHL appearance in Vancouver. He leads the rookie scoring race with 69 points, including two assists Monday night. He’s the first rookie with 50 assists since Patrick Kane and Nicklas Backstrom did it in 200708. Boeser trails him with 29 goals and 55 points.Brendan Leipsic scored twice, including in overtime. Darren Archibald scored on a penalty shot, and Jake Virtanen also had a goal as Vancouver snapped a three-game losing streak.Leipsic’s OT heroics made up for his three trips to the penalty box, including a slashing penalty in the final minutes that led to the Islanders tying the game at 3.”It was nice for Leipsic to get a goal after taking a couple penalties. He owed me that one,” said Canucks goalie Jacob Markstrom , who stopped 31 shots.”I could have been better,” Leipsic said. ”To be able to help my team out in the end was a plus.”Josh Bailey, John Tavares and Jordan Eberle scored for New York, which lost a season-worst seventh straight game. The Islanders, four points behind Columbus for the second wild card in the East, know they need to turn it around in a hurry.”It’s getting old,” coach Doug Weight said. ”We should have won the game.””We’ve just got to find a way, a full 60 minutes to finish one out,” Tavares said. ”We just haven’t seemed to finish games off. Whatever that is, whether it’s mental or just execution of a few plays, we’ve just got to find a way to do it. No one’s going to feel sorry for us or change the outcome. Obviously, this isn’t a whole lot of fun right now.”After Bailey’s opening goal, Tavares scored off a beauty touch pass from Thomas Hickey through his legs after getting the puck from Barzal.Leipsic scored his first of the game, and first as a Canuck , after taking a pass from Virtanen near the net at 14:25. Archibald tied it when he converted a penalty shot by wristing it over Halak’s stick.”I used my only move in the bag of tricks,” said Archibald.Vancouver pulled ahead with nine minutes to go in the third. An Islanders turnover sprung Leipsic with Virtanen trailing him on a 2-on-1. Virtanen went five-hole for a rare goal in front of the home crowd.”My first (goal) at home in two years apparently,” said Virtanen. ”Definitely nice to get that one.”Eberle scored to force overtime with Leipsic off for slashing. He swatted in a rebound to tie the game 3-3.Jaroslav Halak made 19 saves for the Isle.UP NEXTIslanders: Play at Edmonton on Thursday night.Canucks: Host Arizona on Wednesday night.— SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Evander Kane doesn’t know why he keeps putting up big numbers against the Calgary Flames.Kane had a goal and an assist to help the San Jose Sharks beat the Flames 3-1 Sunday night.The 27-year old forward, in his 10th season with his fourth team, now has 10 goals and six assists in 12 career games against Calgary.“I have no idea,” Kane said. “I’ve played in the (Eastern Conference) a lot of my career, too, we saw those guys twice a season. For some reason, the pucks seem to be going in when we play against these guys.”Joe Pavelski had a goal and two assists, Joonas Donskoi also had a goal and an assist, and Martin Jones stopped 29 shots as the Sharks snapped a two-game skid.Sean Monahan scored and Mike Smith had 26 saves for the Flames, who had won five of their previous six.Kane put the Sharks ahead 50 seconds into the game with his sixth of the season. Donskoi scored less than a minute and a half into the second with is fourth.Jones stopped a penalty shot from Sam Bennett with 7:38 left in the third period with Calgary trailing 2-1.“It was frustrating because we played so well,” Bennett said. “It doesn’t feel good not getting the tying goal. I’ll try to think of something else the next time.”Under persistent pressure in the third period , Jones had 14 saves.“Jonesy made some phenomenal saves and you need that, there guy was making phenomenal saves too on high danger chances,” Sharks coach Pete DeBoer said. “Good teams need great goaltending, and he made timely saves for us.”The Sharks were coming off an 0-2 road trip.“Obviously it wasn’t a great road trip for us, so to come back and respond the way we did at home with the big win, that was huge for us,” Jones said.The Flames capitalized on a turnover as Monahan scored a breakaway at 6:02 of the second to make it 2-1. Mark Jankowski assisted Monahan’s goal after taking the puck away from Erik Karlsson.“I thought we generated some good looks in the third, we just weren’t able to put them in,” Flames defenseman Mark Giordano said. “We didn’t go to the net. They were more committed to putting the puck on the net and forechecking than we were.”Pavelski scored an empty-netter in the final minute.“It feels good to be home,” Pavelski said. “Right from the first ceremony tonight there was good energy in this building, I think the players felt it, and responded well too.”NOTES: Sharks C Logan Couture played in his 600th career game. Couture left the game after falling awkwardly in the third period. DeBoer said his injury status wasn’t immediately known. … San Jose C Tomas Hertl played for the first time since suffering a head injury on Nov. 3. He missed three games. … Sharks D Joakim Ryan was back in the lineup for D Tim Heed, who played his first game on Friday. … The Sharks had given up three or more goals in nine straight games going into Sunday. … Flames D Michael Stone played in place of D Rasmus Anderson. … The Sharks wore camouflage jerseys as part of the team’s Military Appreciation night commemoration.UP NEXTFlames: Open a four-game homestand on Thursday against Montreal.Sharks: Host Nashville on Tuesday.
officialsbaseball

Zurück zu Forum