[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - I was slumping pretty hard

I was slumping pretty hard

Fragen zum Forum und zur Bedienung

I was slumping pretty hard

Beitragvon officialsbaseball » 15. November 2018, 02:39

St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina was named this year's winner of the Roberto Clemente Award:MLB MLB.Yadimolina04 wins the 2018 Roberto Clemente Award for excellence on and off the field. Sx1jQPHbgfWhile the veteran is always among the best at his position , this honor is mostly due to work off the field. According to ESPN, Molina has spent much of this year providing aid to his native Puerto Rico after the devastation from Hurricane Maria in 2017."I feel very honored, very proud to receive the Roberto Clemente Award," Molina told ESPN's Marly Rivera.Molina spent two weeks in Puerto Rico last October whiledelivering food and water,This makes the award especially meaningful considering both Molina and Clemente are from Puerto Rico, with the former Pittsburgh Pirates star also known for his humanitarian work. Molina discussed what Clemente meant to him this week, perDerrick Gooldof theSt. Louis Post-Dispatch:"When I was growing up he was like a legend for us, like a hero, and he was everywhere. He was one of my heroes back in the day鈥攕till one of my heroes鈥攁nd just to have this award means a lot to me and to my family. I鈥檓 happy for that. It鈥檚 great. For the people of Puerto Rico, we鈥檝e been through many (challenges). We didn鈥檛 do it thinking of this award. But just to receive this award and makes us proud , makes us proud, after all we did down there in Puerto Rico.It鈥檚 just a good feeling to add this award."He is the fourth Puerto Rican native to win the award and the fifth Cardinals player, the most of any organization.Molina was also solid on the field once again in 2018, hitting 20 home runs this season, which was the second most of his career. He also posted a .261 batting average on his way to his ninth All-Star selection.The catcher has already accomplished quite a bit in the majors, but this honor might be his most meaningful. Manager Ron Gardenhire knew the Detroit Tigers would take their lumps this season. What has been troubling to him lately is their sloppy play.Outfielders missing cutoff men. Pitchers failing to hold runners on properly. Infielders bobbling grounders. Batters swinging at pitchers out of the zone.The Tigers carry a three-game losing streak into a two-game series at Kansas City. Detroit left-hander Matthew Boyd will oppose right-hander Jacob Junis in the opener on Tuesday.Article continues below ...Gardenhire wants his team to play smarter and sharper.“We’ve got things to work on, a lot of things to work on,” he said. “We’re trying to work on it and we’re touching on it just about every time it happens. We make sure we talk to them about it. All those little things will eventually pay off down the road.”Francisco Liriano was originally scheduled to start Tuesday, but Gardenhire shuffled his rotation to accommodate ace Michael Fulmer.Liriano will make a start later in the week because Gardenhire wants Fulmer to pitch every fifth day. Fulmer, who will pitch Wednesday’s matinee , made his first start since the All-Star break on Friday after recovering from an oblique strain.“Our goal here is to keep Fulmer on his five days because he’s coming through this thing,” Gardenhire said. “So we’re just kind of adjusting. Frankie’s one of those guys who can adjust. He’s done it before and he’s a veteran. He doesn’t have too many worries about those things, so we’re going to adjust with him.”Boyd (8-11, 4.09 ERA) held the Chicago White Sox scoreless for six innings in his last start. He also collected a victory in his last visit to Kansas City, giving up two runs in six innings and striking out seven on July 25.Improved control has led to an uptick in Boyd’s effectiveness. In his last nine starts, Boyd has issued just seven walks while striking out 51.In 12 career starts against Kansas City, Boyd is 3-6 with a 6.40 ERA.Junis (6-12, 4.70) has gone winless in his last four starts, but he hasn’t allowed more than two earned runs in any of them.“It’s been encouraging to have some consistent starts in a row,” Junis told MLB.com. “I was slumping pretty hard , so to bounce back and have some strong ones since the All-Star break, it’s encouraging to finish this season strong.”In his last start at Tampa Bay on Wednesday, Junis pitched 5 2/3 innings and gave up four runs, but only two were earned.“It’s not encouraging, (because) I’ve got a good feeling about Jake, so I don’t need to be encouraged,” Royals manager Ned Yost told MLB.com. “This is what I expect out of Jake. I expect him to go out and make starts like this. I expect him to execute pitches and have a good slider and keep us in the game.”Junis has faced the Tigers more than any other team in his two-year career and consistently given them fits. He is 5-1 in six starts with a 3.44 ERA.The Royals have lost six of their last eight games.
officialsbaseball

Zurück zu Forum