He's simply too good of a hitter to keep quiet

Fragen zum Forum und zur Bedienung

He's simply too good of a hitter to keep quiet

Beitragvon officialsbaseball » 14. November 2018, 10:09

Throughout Enrique Hernandez's nine-pitch battle with Price http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authent ... got-jersey , Machado appeared to be relaying signs and/or location to Hernandez through an exaggerated series of motions.As Price was coming set, Machado, leading off from second, would place his hands on his hips. Then, just before each pitch, Machado would begin a series of motions: touching his helmet with either his right or left hand, sometimes then touching or pulling thescript on his jersey afterward and other times grabbing or touching the thigh/groin area of his pants.As the at-bat unfolded, LeVangie remained in the dugout while Price fell behind Hernandez 2-1 and then 3-2 before鈥攆ollowing three foul balls鈥攖hrowing a 93 mph fastball that Hernandez swung through for strike three."Was it a little exaggerated? Yeah, maybe, but I saw the whole thing," LeVangie said of Machado's gyrations. "I had told [Boston manager] Alex [Cora] I wanted to go [to the mound] before the Puig at-bat because I wanted to talk about some things."But when a guy gets a big punchout in that situation and a coach comes out to take a visit...I didn't want to f--k with the momentum there because David got a huge strikeout."Plus, catcher Christian Vazquez had taken a mound visit already in the inning, trotting out for a chat with Price after Machado's base hit to put two runners aboard with none out. LeVangie was worried about slowing Price after the lefty's good start to the game, so he stayed put.Then, there were two out and runners on first and second, and the score was 1-1.From second, Machado gestured again. Puig swung at the first pitch he saw, a 93 mph fastball, knocking an RBI single into center to give the Dodgers their first鈥攁nd only鈥攍ead of the series. It was Machado who scored."David makes a good pitch on Puig,"LeVangiesaid."He jams him. [Puig] gets a flare. Then I gotta go out. But I talked to him with some small things after that, and he got out of that inning."I had a clear point I wanted to [make] after that at-bat because I saw Manny the entire time. I knew what he was doing."Charles Krupa/Associated PressAngry with himself because he felt his decision to delay the visit cost the Red Sox, LeVangie went out after Puig's RBI single to talk with Price and Vazquez, clearly to discuss what was occurring behind Price at second base and to change signs."We had a conversation," LeVangie said. "I don't want to get into the depths of it, but I brought up exactly what you're talking about."I let it get in my way鈥攂ecause of the strikeout, I didn't go out there [earlier]. I was so pissed that I didn't."Price had not allowed a hit in the first three innings of Game 2 Hunter Renfroe Jersey , and after he escaped the fourth, he threw two more hitless frames. While it is unclear whether Price knew what was occurring behind him during the Hernandez and Puig at-bats in the fourth, LeVangie was doing his best to properly time his interruption."I just told him, 'Hear me out. I know this is not the right time, but hear me out,'" LeVangie said.Cora declined comment to B/R on Thursday at Dodger Stadium when asked about the dugout conversation with LeVangie in the moment and for his take on the episode overall."I don't have a take," Cora said following an off-day media briefing.Vazquez, Price and Machado were not available for comment because neither team worked out at Dodger Stadium following all-day travel.Elise Amendola/Associated PressStealing signs has been around practically since baseball was invented鈥攐r, as MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said Wednesday in Boston, "It's been a part of our game since Lassie was a puppy."It's become a hot topic this October because of various accusations of video shenanigans in the digital age that would violate baseball rules if true and because so much video scouting leaves pitchers vulnerable to tipping their pitches and offering hitters strong clues as to what is coming. Boston closer Craig Kimbrel has had a rough October stretchbecause of the latter.Machado, meanwhile, has been in the headlines after being called a "dirty player" by Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich during the NLCS and after he told Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal that hustling isn't "my cup of tea" and that he is not "Johnny Hustle" after being called out for not running hard on various plays this season.Being caught apparently relaying signs to Dodgers hitters from second base is nowhere close to the dirty-player charges, LeVangie emphasized."Oh, it's clean," the pitching coach said. "It's baseball. If you're not hiding your stuff with a runner on second base and you're giving them a free view, that's on you, the pitcher and the catcher. It's up to the pitcher and catcher to manage that and to us to oversee it and make sure we're going about it the right way."We see this all the time. Not just him, with everyone. We are very respectful of all this, and it's a big part of who we are and what we try to manage. As far as our pitching staff, we want to make sure we control those guys at second base and [that] they're not stealing our signs. We're changing our signs constantly, every pitch. Typically, every one of our pitchers will change every pitch."If you're wondering why the average time of a postseason game is stretching to nearly four hours, this is one small example. You can never be too careful.From second base the other night, though, because Machado was almost flamboyant in what he appeared to be doing, it didn't take a professional detective to sniff out that one.Asked whether he had seen anything as obvious recently Freddy Galvis Jersey , LeVangie chuckled and said "yes.""I've seen worse in Little League a few years ago," he said. "It was a Little League World Series game I saw on television. It was extremely obvious." Scott Miller covers Major League Baseball as a national columnist for Bleacher Report. Follow Scotton Twitterand talk baseball. Rob Carr/Getty ImagesThe Milwaukee Brewers looked primed to extend their win streak to 13 games Saturday night. But with one swing, Justin Turner changed the narrative.The Los Angeles Dodgers star third baseman blasted a game-winning two-run home run in the top of the eighth inning to give the Dodgers a 4-3 victory over the Brewers in Game 2 of the NLCS at Miller Park.Milwaukee cruised through the first six innings, as home runs byOrlando Arcia in the bottom of the fifth and Travis Shaw in the bottom of the sixth helped the team build a 3-0 lead.But the Dodgers responded with two runs in the top of the seventh off aCody Bellinger RBI single and a bases-loaded walk by relieverJeremy Jeffress. Then Turner changed the tide of the series, blasting a two-run shot off Jeffress to put the Dodgers ahead.The bullpen handled it from there, as Kenley Jansen held down the ninth to earn the save and send the series back to Los Angeles. Brewers' Bullpen Strategy Can't Sustain Them for 7-Game SeriesDylan Buell/Getty ImagesBrewers manager Craig Counsell has relied on his bullpen鈥攏amely Josh Hader, Jeremy Jeffress, Joakim Soria, Corey Knebel and Corbin Burnes鈥攈eavily in the postseason. The strategy is to get his best arms a solid chunk of innings, and throughout late September and early October, it was foolproof.The plan worked against the Colorado Rockies, who only scored two runs in a three-game sweep. But against the Dodgers, the strategy's weaknesses have showed.In Game 1, Counsell went to his bullpen after two innings. For five frames, Milwaukee kept the Dodgers off the board, though a late L.A. rally made things close.In Game 2, however, the bullpen couldn't hold after Miley came out in the top of the sixth. The Dodgers scored two runs in the seventh and two in the eighth, punctuated by Turner's home run.In theory, Counsell's approach could work. It has worked. But getting more innings from the starters will be key. If Milwaukee continues to need two frames per contest from each of its top bullpen arms, the team won't have them available for later games or they could wear out. That might set up a domino effect, wherein one game's struggles leak into the next.Any concerns will dissipate if the Brewers' starting pitchers continue to offer more quality innings or are allowed to pitch through early struggles. Frankly, the starters have been better than the relievers, shocking just about everyone:Emma Baccellieri emmabaccellieriAs everyone expected, Milwaukees sharp starting pitching shut everyone down only for the bullpen to struggle immenselyMolly Knight molly_knightThe Brewers starting pitching has been brilliant and their bullpen has been awful, just like everyone predicted.Bill Plunkett billplunkettocr#Dodgers have scored 8 of their 9 runs off the #Brewers bullpen in the 7th inning or later and are batting .333 against Mil relievers. Just like we expected. 4-3 in Game 2 sends everyone out to LA with the series even Austin Hedges Jersey , 1-1Ryan Wing RyanWingFOX11Off day couldn鈥檛 come any better for Brewers bullpen. Need Chacin to give length on Monday in game 3It's important to note Milwaukee's approach worked in a 12-game win streak, so it's unlikely Counsell will panic.But it's time to tweak the strategy, because the Dodgers have the offensive talent and depth to play the matchups and punish an overtaxed bullpen. In Game 1, Milwaukee's relievers bent. In Game 2, they broke. How Counsell handles his pitching staffcould shift the series. Dodgers Can't Continue Digging Early HolesRob Carr/Getty ImagesMuch like Milwaukee with its bullpen, the Dodgers are putting pressure on their lineup by continually falling behind. On Friday, the Dodgers trailed 5-1 by the bottom of the fourth. In Game 2, they were down 3-0 in the bottom of the sixth.In both contests, L.A. got to Milwaukee's bullpen, though it wasn't enough in Game 1. And it may not be enough in future matchups, either, against the Brewers' dangerous relief corps.Turner is a special player, no doubt...Zachary quot;Doomquot; Rymer zachrymerIt doesnt feel like Justin Turner is widely recognized as one of the best hitters in baseball. He should be.Jon Heyman JonHeymanJustin Turner, Mr. October, makes amends for a rare rough day in Game 1 with 2-run homer that puts the dodgers up, 4-3. Jeffress finally breaks....but relying on late moments of brilliance is playing into Milwaukee's strengths.One of the keys to this series for the Dodgers will be jumping on the Brewers' starting rotation. The more innings the Dodgers can force out of the opposing bullpen, the more they can wear it down.Building an early lead also changes the dynamic of how Counsell can deploy his relievers, a point Dodgers manager Dave Roberts made before the series, perMichael Baumannof The Ringer:"Their highest-leverage guys are going to be used or have been used with leads. So it is important that if you can get a lead, it kind of changes their kind of way they deploy guys. And every inning is important, but when you look at their guys in the pen, it's tough to score runs. They do a very good job of preventing runs. How long each guy goes, that's up to Craig, but I do think that in a seven-game series, regardless of how good a pen is, the more innings you can have them log http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authent ... aje-jersey , I think that that's in our best interest. So the idea of beating the starter still for me makes sense."If Milwaukee gets solid innings from its starters and can keep its bullpen fresh, however, L.A. will be in trouble. Yes, Roberts' club has scored late in both games, but repeatedly having to chip away at deficits is a difficult way to win.Of course, it doesn't help when Lorenzo Cain is robbing home runs in the top of the first, either:BYU鈥檚 Cosmo the Cougar Is the Next Superstar MascotJoshua Johnson Is HS Footballs Quadruple ThreatThe Champions x Queer EyeHappy 26th Birthday to OBJ 馃帀Happy Anniversary to the Cubs Curse-BreakingD-Rose Turned Back the Clock and Put Up 50Will Drake鈥檚 Favorite Teams Reverse the 6 God Curse?Sports Worlds Halloween Costumes Went HardUp Your Halloween Game with Giant Pumpkin RegattaThe Champions: Episode 6 Is ComingDubs Trolled Fergie So Hard It Became a ChallengePurdue Footballs No. 1 Fan Is Inspiring the TeamOne Road to MLB Starts with a Bottle Cap and BroomstickIts Been a Wild Month with Flyers鈥?Mascot Gritty馃専The Champions: Episode 5 馃専CP3-Rondo Blowup Was a Long Time ComingMahomes Is Showtime Off the Field TooCFBs Creative Entrances Put WWE to ShameWorld Pole Climbing Championships Are Something ElseNBA Let Players Know They Have to Cover Branded TattoosRight Arrow IconNonetheless, the Dodgers need their dangerous offense to get going earlier. Take away Turner's clutch home run, and they could be staring at a 2-0 deficit. Instead, they'll go back to L.A. tied, thanks to a strong showing from their bullpen Saturday and a resurgent offense that keeps finding its footing a little late for comfort.Dodgers Cannot Allow Brewers Pitchers to Continue Making a Difference at the PlateStacy Revere/Getty ImagesBrewers pitchers have been raking.In Game 1, reliever Brandon Woodruffhit a solo home run in the third inning, which would be shocking enough if it didn't also come off superstar Clayton Kershaw. The homer tied the contest, though the Brewers went on to win by just one run, 6-5.Nancy Armour nrarmourSure about that? XGVnLp1kBIIn Game 2, starting pitcher Wade Miley had two hits, including a single in the bottom of the fifth. He eventually scored on a fielder's choice to give the Brewers a 2-0 lead.The Brewers are dangerous enough when their pitchers don't chip in. Christian Yelich and Ryan Braun may only have two hits between them in the NLCS, but they're a threat to dominate from the plate at any moment (and will need to get going if Milwaukee is to reach the World Series).In many ways, this series has been a paradox for the Brewers. The bullpen and players such as Yelich were expected to carry the day. Instead, the starting pitchers have provided stability, both on the mound and at the plate.Weird trends emerge in October. But the Dodgers cannot continue to get hurt by Milwaukee's pitchers at the plate. That sort of unexpected production makes a difference in a series this tight.And in turn, the Brewers' top players need to heat up. They can't continue to rely on such unexpected offensive production from their pitchers in a tight series. What's Next?The series will continue in Los Angeles on Monday night at 7:39 p.m. ET.Jhoulys Chacinis expected to take the mound for the Brewers against Los Angeles' Walker Buehler.
officialsbaseball

Zurück zu Forum