[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - Duquette said of the team’s turn toward youth

Duquette said of the team’s turn toward youth

Fragen zum Forum und zur Bedienung

Duquette said of the team’s turn toward youth

Beitragvon officialsbaseball » 23. Oktober 2018, 04:23

ARLINGTON , Texas (AP) — Yovani Gallardo and Joey Gallo both remain on a roll for the Texas Rangers.Gallo homered twice and drove in four runs, Gallardo won his fourth straight start and the Rangers held off the Seattle Mariners 11-7 on Wednesday.Gallardo (7-1) leads the majors with seven wins since June 23. He allowed three hits, two runs and three walks while striking out two in six innings.Through being released by Cincinnati in April, and then pitching at Triple-A Round Rock for more than two months, Gallardo said, “I’m the same guy, same person I’ve been throughout my career.”Rangers manager Jeff Banister agreed with Gallardo’s comments.“That’s who he is. He’s very similar to what we saw when he was here previously. He knows how to pitch in winning situations.”In 2015, Gallardo’s only other season with Texas, he was 13-11.Gallo also has been on a roll, with 10 of his 31 homers in his past 19 games. He went 3 for 5 to raise his batting average above .200 for the first time since June 16.Gallo’s homers against Seattle starter Marco Gonzales gave him 12 against left-handers this season, the most by a Texas left-handed batter since Rafael Palmeiro hit 15 in 2003.“I’ve always hit left-handers pretty good. I don’t really mind the lefties. My dad was lefty throwing to me when I was younger, so maybe that helped me.”Banister saw something else.“I think he’s calmer in the batter’s box.”Gonzales (12-7) gave up career highs of 12 hits and seven runs in five innings. He has lost two games in a row after a career-best five-game winning streak.“They were on him,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said. “You have to give them credit, they’ve been swinging the bat very well.”Seattle used five singles to score four runs in the seventh to pull within 7-6, but the Rangers answered with four runs to pull away.Mike Zunino hit two homers for the Mariners.The Rangers have supported Gallardo’s starts with 10.48 runs per inning. Their season-high 19 hits included 11 extra-base hits. Those were the most Texas extra-base hits and doubles (eight) in a game since 2011.Seattle led only in the first inning. With one out, Jean Segura walked, went to second base on Gallardo’s wild pitch and scored on Mitch Haniger’s single to center field.“That first inning went a little bit longer than I expected to,” Gallardo said. “The second inning I was able to get some early contact. Just getting weak contact.”The Rangers came back for a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the first.TRAINER’S ROOMMariners: 1B Ryon Healy (heat-related illness) and RHP Sam Tuivailala (strained right Achilles tendon) left the game. Manager Scott Servais said Tuivailala is likely to go on the disabled list. . RHP Erasmo Ramirez (strained shoulder muscle) is scheduled for a fifth injury rehab start, with Triple-A Tacoma. Ramirez has been on the disabled list since May 1. … RHPs Dan Altavilla (sprained elbow) and LHP Roenis Elias (strained triceps) will go on rehab assignments “real soon,” Servais said.Rangers: RF Nomar Mazara (sprained right thumb) will begin his rehab assignment with Triple-A Round Rock on Thursday.BY THE NUMBERSRangers shortstop Elvis Andrus doubled in the first inning to extend his hitting streak to 19 games, tying Cleveland’s Michael Brantley for the major league season high.MORE COLONOn Tuesday, on his sixth try, Texas RHP Bartolo Colon reached a goal of 246 wins to become the winningest MLB pitcher born in Latin America. According to manager Jeff Banister, Colon will not be taking it easy. “We’re still in the same rotation as before (Tuesday’s) game. Colon is tied for 50th among all pitchers, with five of those ahead of him foreign-born. Hall of Fame pitcher Bert Blyleven, born in the Netherlands, holds the record for wins by a non-American-born pitcher with 287.UP NEXTMariners: Head to Houston on Thursday night, with LHP James Paxton (9-5, 3.51 ERA) opposing Astros RHP Justin Verlander (11-6, 2.19).Rangers: Travel to New York with rookie RHP Ariel Jurado (2-1, 4.02) against Yankees LHP J.A. Happ (11-6, 4.05). NEW YORK (AP) Alex Cobb had gone two months without a win, and the weight became a burden as his record fell to 2-14, the most losses in the major leagues.”At a certain point of that stretch, I’m just hoping not to get a loss,” he said. ”Not even hoping for wins at that point , I’m just hoping not to lose.”Given a five-run lead in the second inning, Cobb breezed and ended skids for himself and the Baltimore Orioles.Cobb allowed one run and seven hits in six innings in a 7-5 win over the New York Yankees on Wednesday that ended the Orioles’ streak of 11 consecutive road losses.”He’s handled it so well,” manager Buck Showalter said. ”I’m sure there’s some sarcastic response to that, but he’s a pro and he’s pitched better than that. He’s going to be a good pitcher for us when all’s said and done. He’s got a lot of ways to get you out.”Cobb (3-14) had been 0-7 since a June 5 victory at the New York Mets, losing his last five outings. Since he last won, the Orioles traded Manny Machado, Zach Britton, Brad Brach, Jonathan Schoop, Kevin Gausman and Darren O’Day. Even with the win, they are a major league-worst 33-75.”It’s going to take a lot of clawing and fighting for wins right now,” he said. ”It’s going to be some bumps and bruises along the way, and we’re going to have to fight for everything we get. But if you understand that and if you embrace it and you kind of go with the journey that we’re on, it makes it a little easier.”Cobb committed to the Orioles in March when he signed a $53 million, four-year contract.”When I was younger, I remember talking to veteran players. They would tell me how fortunate I am to be in the system when we were winning ballgames,” he said. ”They would say stories of being on losing teams and just how miserable it really is. And I’m getting a little taste of reality on that with seeing all these good players that we have being shipped off, and just the overall where the season’s gone and seeing it come to a head these last couple of days with the trade deadline. It’s not fun.”Trey Mancini and Renato Nunez each had three hits and two RBIs as the Orioles took a 5-0 lead in the second and a 7-1 lead in the third against Sonny Gray (8-8). Gleyber Torres homered twice and had four RBIs for New York.Mancini hit a run-scoring single in the second, and Caleb Joseph reached on a bunt single as third baseman Miguel Andujar delayed his throw because Torres didn’t sprint from his second base position to cover first. Nunez followed with a two-run double and Tim Beckham had a two-run single .Torres led off the bottom half with his first home run since July 1 , and Cobb struck out Giancarlo Stanton to end the inning with the bases load.Mancini homered into Monument Park behind center field in the third, and Breyvic Valera greeted Lynn with a grounder to Didi Gregorius. The shortstop looked to second for a force, saw Torres wasn’t there, and then threw too late to first as another run scored as Valera got his first hit and RBI with the Orioles.Andjuar got a based loaded-single against Mychal Givens in the eighth, but Paul Fry got pinch-hitter Neil Walker to ground into an inning-ending double play. Torres homered against Mike Wright Jr. in the ninth.Mancini knows that others will be counted on for more run production following the departures of Machado and Schoop.”Try not to put too much pressure on yourself, but obviously those are two humongous voids that can’t be filled immediately,” he said.DEBUTCody Carroll, a 25-year-old right-hander obtained from the Yankees last week in the deal that sent reliever Zach Britton to New York, pitched a scoreless, one-hit seventh in his major league debut.CONSTRUCTION PROJECTOrioles executive vice president Dan Duquette said of the team’s turn toward youth: ”It’s a lot like building a house. I think if you demolish the house and build it with the foundation from the ground up rather than renovating it one room at a time, I think it helps in terms of the overall progress you can make.”CATCHING UPINF Jonathan Villar is scheduled to report to the Orioles at Texas on Thursday, two days after he was acquired from Milwaukee.LEAPINGEasily out at the plate on a relay throw from Torres in the fifth when trying to score from first on Nunez’s double, Joseph slowed and jumped, grabbing Austin Romine and falling gently together with the catcher in an effort to avoid a collision.TRAINER’S ROOMOrioles: Strength and conditioning coach Joe Hogarty was hit by a foul ball off the bat of Adam Jones. ”It doesn’t look like anything’s broken, but he’s got some lacerations and contusions,” Showalter said. ”It got him in the mouth and the nose.” Showalter said he asked head athletic trainer Brian Ebel ”are we at the point where now where we can kid or laugh about it?” and Ebel responded ”not quite yet.”UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Andrew Cashner (3-9) is scheduled to start Thursday for the Orioles and RHP Yovani Gallardo (5-1) for the Rangers.—
officialsbaseball

Zurück zu Forum