[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - Speedway.Havent spoken to him, dont know nothing, tr

Speedway.Havent spoken to him, dont know nothing, tr

Fragen zum Forum und zur Bedienung

Speedway.Havent spoken to him, dont know nothing, tr

Beitragvon lw789 » 3. Februar 2017, 07:15

NEW YORK -- Big league pitchers might feel safer on the mound this season. Major League Baseball has approved a protective cap for pitchers, hoping to reduce the damage from line drives to head that have brought some terrifying and bloody scenes in the last few years. The heavier and bigger new hat was introduced Tuesday and will be available for testing during spring training on a voluntary basis. Major leaguers and minor leaguers wont be required to wear it -- comfort is likely to be a primary concern. "Obviously, itd be a change," two-time Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers told the MLB Network. "Im definitely not opposed to it." "I think itd take a lot of getting used to," he said. "You dont look very cool, Ill be honest." The safety plates made by isoBLOX are sewn into the hat and custom fitted. They weigh an extra six to seven ounces -- a baseball weighs about five ounces, by comparison -- and offer protection to the forehead, temples and sides of the head. Theyll make the hats about a half-inch thicker in the front and around an inch wider on the sides. Several pitchers have been hit in the head by line drives in the recent seasons. Brandon McCarthy sustained a brain contusion and skull fracture after being struck in 2012 and Doug Fister was hit during the World Series that October. Torontos J.A. Happ and Tampa Bays Alex Cobb were sidelined after being hit last year. McCarthy tweeted that he had already tried out the fortified cap and that it was "headed in right direction but not game ready." Said Arizona reliever Brad Ziegler: "I think theyre on the right track, but the hat they approved isnt remotely close to comfortable enough to wear in games." In an email to The Associated Press, he said, "If youre not 100 per cent focused on executing your pitches, you have almost no chance of success. And that hat is uncomfortable enough that it would be a big distraction to wear it." "We talked to a lot of guys who had been through this, and they provided a wealth of information to help us," said Bruce Foster, CEO of the 4Licensing Corporation, parent company of isoBLOX. "We went through a myriad of different designs to develop this." Foster said the cap went through extensive testing and provided protection from line drives up to 90 mph in the front of the head and 85 mph on the side. Line drives in the majors have been clocked at even faster rates. While the hat is "slightly bigger" than a regular baseball cap, Foster said: "Its not going to be a Gazoo hat." Several years ago, MLB introduced larger batting helmets that offered increased safety. But big leaguers mostly rejected them, saying they looked funny and made them resemble the Great Gazoo, a character on the "The Flintstones" cartoon series. In recent seasons, pitchers have said they would try padded caps, provided they werent too cumbersome. "You see guys get hit with line drives. I know in the last couple of years there have been several of them. So it happens. You want to be wary of it," All-Star closer Glen Perkins of the Minnesota Twins said. "Player safety is important. I think finding a solution is good." "But by the sounds of what they have, I dont know if thats entirely feasible to go out there with basically a helmet on your head and pitch. Without seeing it or trying it on, I hate to make a blanket judgment. But just thinking out loud, that seems a little bit much. Just the bulkiness," he said. In December 2012, MLB medical director Dr. Gary Green presented ideas on protective headgear to executives, doctors and trainers. The prototypes under study included some made of Kevlar, the high-impact material often worn by military and law enforcement and NFL players. Several companies tried without success to make a product that would be approved by MLB and the players union. While isoBLOX was first to get the OK, other firms still might submit proposals. Foster said the caps design diffuses the impact of being hit, rather than only absorbing the shock. The technology will be available on the retail market for ballplayers of all ages in a form of a skull cap. A memo from MLB will advise teams that the caps are available in spring training, and pitchers who express interest in testing will be fitted. MLB can require minor leaguers to wear it, but has no plans now to do that. "I think it will be one of those things that people will wear them when they have to wear them. Maybe a guy here or a guy there," Perkins said. Star closer Grant Balfour said, "I am always appreciative of anything that will make the game safer. That being said, I may try it. Just not sure yet until I see it. Has to fit with a cap and be comfortable." MLB didnt make the use of helmets or protective cap inserts mandatory for batters until the National League required them for the 1956 season. Helmets werent required until the 1971 season and, even then, they werent mandatory for players already in the big leagues. An earflap on the side of the head facing the pitcher was required for new players starting in 1983. "Its nice to see any sport take precautions to prevent injury," San Francisco reliever Javier Lopez said. "That being said, I look forward to seeing what the finished product looks like. And if it helps just one pitcher, then its worth it. Its always nice to have safety nets." Added Boston reliever Craig Breslow: "Im not certain how many players will be testing the new equipment, but I think all at least appreciate the effort. " . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. . Acclaimed by world football leaders but held in contempt by many football fans. Blatter should arrive at the Itaquerao stadium in Sao Paulo to watch host Brazil play Croatia confident that this tournament -- his fifth as president -- wont be his last leading the worlds favourite sport. http://www.cheapnfljerseys.tv/. Tortorella told The Vancouver Province hell be cheering for Team Sweden to win gold when they take on the defending Olympic champions on Sunday morning. "I hope Sweden wins, cause I dont think Hammer (Dan Hamhuis) is going to play, judging by whats happened. . James scored 25 points against his former team, leading the energized Heat to a 114-107 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday night. Dwyane Wade added 24 points and Chris Bosh had 22 for the Heat, idle since a 90-84 loss Tuesday at Indiana. . "I could have been equipment manager but nooooo" from Lisa on Ice. Season 6, Episode 8.CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Kyle Busch said Monday he has not gotten involved in his older brothers personal issues and is disappointed he has been mistaken for Kurt in coverage of assault allegations against the 2004 NASCAR champion.Kurt Busch spent four days over the last two months in a Delaware courtroom as part of a hearing regarding an ex-girlfriends request for a no-contact order. Patricia Driscoll alleged Busch assaulted her in September during an argument at Dover International Speedway.Havent spoken to him, dont know nothing, trying to stay away from it all and let him handle his business, Kyle Busch said.But hes been dragged into it as the case drew national attention earlier this month when Kurt Busch testified he believes Driscoll is a trained assassin. In several instances, Kyle has been wrongly identified as the NASCAR driver involved.I think its stupid. I think people need to do a little bit mmore background before they write names or say names if they dont know what the heck they are talking about, he said.dddddddddddd Its not that hard to differentiate between two people that have the same last name. I think people need to do a better job and not be so slackish.Busch said the mistaken identity has not been an issue with longtime sponsor M&Ms, but he wasnt sure if that would change if he is continually linked to his brothers legal issues. A court ruling on Driscolls request for a no-contact order is expected any day, and the Delaware Attorney Generals office has not decided if Kurt Busch will be charged with assault.It hasnt been bothersome from a sponsorship standpoint, yet, that I know of, Kyle Busch said. I know it could be if it continues to keep going, but its the wrong brother. But I think the relationship I have with the Mars family is far beyond that, hopefully. ' ' '
lw789

Zurück zu Forum