[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Die Pfoten Junkies • Thema anzeigen - pcoming event to prepare his mind for battle. "Well jus

pcoming event to prepare his mind for battle. "Well jus

Fragen zum Forum und zur Bedienung

pcoming event to prepare his mind for battle. "Well jus

Beitragvon lw789 » 3. Februar 2017, 07:14

They have come a long way and are expected to play key roles on Canadas junior team. Last year at this time, Max Domi and Darnell Nurse were not even invited to try out for Canada. They have improved on the ice and the two 19-year-olds have grown up off it. I can say easily that hes a more mature player now than he was one year ago, said Canada coach Benoit Groulx of Nurse; the Oilers first round pick (7th overall) in 2013. He was probably the best player on the ice in the Subway Series. I like the way he plays. He plays within his limits and thats where he excels. Ive developed a lot since then, said Nurse, who has 19 points in 19 games with the Soo Greyhounds. Im not putting myself in those situations that get myself in trouble on the ice and not helping out my teammates. Its just maintaining that simple game mindset and being someone who is hard to play against. I have always had the tools; its just finding the way to use them. Over the summer watching a lot of film and having the opportunity to go to Edmonton helped me out a lot. Its another year under my belt. Its been good for me, a great learning experience over the last 12 months. Not getting an invite last year still stings. Its just a little bit of added motivation, admitted Nurse. You dont need much more motivation than having the opportunity to play on home ice in front of friends and family. That adds a little fuel to the fire I am just looking forward to this opportunity. Nurse is missing out on the struggles of the Oilers this season. That may be the best thing for his game. Not being there opens up opportunities like this which Ive been looking forward to all year. Its a win-win situation for me. Im going to develop playing junior and hopefully play in this tournament. Max Domi has already played in many high profile games, including three Memorial Cup tournaments. He insists he is over not getting an invite last year. When asked for whats changed in his game from a year ago, Domi is quick to respond. Everything, he said. You mature on and off the ice, and for the on ice aspect you get a more complete game, you know how to play without the puck and when to go a little harder, said Domi. You always find ways to get better. An extra year to get better has made a big difference to me. Hes been through a lot of things in his career. Hes been around, and at 19-years old, that gives you the opportunity to figure out what … keeps you off the team, said Groulx. Like anybody else at 19-years old, he is way better prepared to play at that level. Domi has 58 points in 27 games with the London Knights this season, playing for Dale Hunter. They (Groulx and Hunter) are pretty similar coaches in the sense they both want to win and they both expect you to work hard every shift and play within the system. Im used to that. Obviously Dale is as big a reason why Im here and a big reason why Im the hockey player I am today. Domi has practiced early in camp on a line centered by Sam Reinhart, with Anthony Duclair on right wing. This has the potential to be Canadas top line. Ive played four years of junior now, I know what it takes to play at that level. Ive never played on the world stage for world juniors, said Domi, the 12th overall pick of the 2013 NHL draft by Arizona. You have to elevate your game even more and we have a great group of guys in there so it should be exciting. . -- Brandon Hope stopped 46 shots and Kurtis MacDermid scored with 27 seconds remaining in overtime as the Owen Sound Attack edged the visiting Kingston Frontenacs 5-4 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. . The government says top golfers are expected to compete in the PGA Tour event at the Ashburn Golf Club in the suburb of Fall River from July 3-6 and again next year. http://www.classyjersey.com/. The hard-serving 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to be ranked in the Top 10 on the ATP World Tour thanks to his runner-up performance at Rogers Cup in Montreal. .75 million contract for the 2014 season and avoided arbitration. The team announced the agreement on Tuesday. . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me.Jon Jones six straight title defences have two things in common. First, they have all been against an opponent he has never fought before, and second, he has won them all. On Saturday Jones will once again face a challenger he has yet to meet in the octagon. Whether he wins or not is an entirely different story. At UFC 172 at the Baltimore Arena, Jones (19-1) will put his undisputed light heavyweight title on the line against Glover Teixeira. "Its the ultimate level of excitement to go out there and fight someone that you never sparred against before or you never had any physical contact with before," Jones said. "You figure out their strengths, their speed, what theyre good at. You figure it all out there on the fly. It just makes you feel so alive." Teixeira (22-2) is hailed as one of Jones biggest threats for the title at 205 lbs., thanks in large part to a 20-fight win streak he has put together over the last seven years. His pedigree is heightened more so by the fact that in those 20 consecutive victories he has finished his opponent 18 times (7 KO, 5 TKO, 6 submission). The streak, however, is nothing new to Jones. If not for a disqualification loss to Matt Hamill in 2009 for striking with illegal elbows, he would be a perfect 20-0 in his mixed martial arts career. He has also won 10 fights in a row since the DQ. Nonetheless, the achievement is not lost on the champ. "Obviously its something that I have to respect. Hes won 20 fights in a row for a reason," Jones said. "He must be something unique, special, but it motivates me. To beat a guy who has won 20 fights in a row you have to be something thats even more special." Although Teixeiras highlight reel could be used as a horror movie for pending opponents, Jones has certainly proven himself to be that "special" commodity. After winning the title in a dominant TKO of Maruicio "Shogun" Rua in 2011, Jones has gone on to successfully defend his belt against four former champions - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans and Vitor Belfort - as well as one of the sports best wrestlers in Chael Sonnen and a narrow decision victory over Alexander Gustafsson. His latest fight, the five-round war with Gustafsson, showed the world that there are few things the reigning champion cant do. He had never looked so vulneraable in the octagon after being awarded the unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46).dddddddddddd He had never looked more exposed, battered and beaten than he did that night. But in the end his hand was raised and the belt was back around his waist. Seven months later, Jones returns as what might be an even more dangerous fighter. "Having a long fight, having a marathon-style fight, it definitely gives me more confidence to know that not only do I have the cardio to keep up, I have the heart to keep up when the going gets tough," he said. It has long been known, and proven in his fight with Gustafsson and in many challenges before, that Jones is a superior physical specimen. He has a natural speed and precision that is a nightmare for all competitors, but its his aforementioned heart and mental strength that separates him. Meditation is a vital part of Jones training regiment, culminating on fight day when Jones says he likes to take his team away from the clutter of the upcoming event to prepare his mind for battle. "Well just look up some parks and beautiful scenic areas to go to, usually based around nature, and go visit that and just get some time away from the cameras and the hotel and well spend anywhere from an hour to two hours out there, just clear our heads and refocus on why were actually there in that town or city and thats my thing, thats what I do," he said. Jones also admits he is a visualizer. He enters every fight with the thought of his hand being raised, carrying the belt out of the arena and getting ready to prepare for another challenger. Clearly, its working. "Your mental approach is ultimately what reflects on the outcome of everything you do in life," he said. "I definitely credit my mental approach to martial arts and life to the success in the octagon." As for his seventh title defence, which would set a new light heavyweight record should he win, Jones is once again ready for a fighter he has never faced before. "Ill go out there and just be something that Glover couldnt train for - young, fast, athletic, creative, different," Jones said. "I see myself confusing him, frustrating him and ultimately stopping him one way or another whether its TKO, submission or a knockout. I plan on going out there and fighting smart, fighting hard and breaking him." ' ' '
lw789

Zurück zu Forum