MapleStory 2 will still have certain attributes

Fragen zum Forum und zur Bedienung

MapleStory 2 will still have certain attributes

Beitragvon Mmoak2018 » 22. Juni 2018, 09:04

It is hard to predict where MapleStory 2 goes, whether it is going to capture that same dedicated audience as its predecessor, or whether it is going to fall into the very same traps that resulted in its demise. A few of the things that plagued the original game, such as DDOS attacks during one winter and random lag, are a consequence of age and outdated infrastructure. The game also includes a limited number of meaningful end-game material, which may bore veteran players that burned through the main narrative.

Worst of all, the old MapleStory needed a pay-to-win streak by means of a feature aptly named the Money Shop. I was guilty of spending nearly $4,000 with this game over the course of a year playing my character Mercedes, an elf queen that wields dual bowguns. Each seemingly minor update to my wardrobe and combat stats added up over time, resulting in that hefty amount. And I was not alone. Players who invest actual money in the sport are in an extreme edge compared to unfunded players. Challenging directors such as Lotus, that can shoot lasers from all possible angles, while rocks fall from the sky, need multiple players with funding to team up and conquer. (Luckily, I was able to re-sell a whole lot of that gear, recouping near half of what I invested in the sport.)

Lee admits that this was a problem with the original game. "Together with our upcoming record of names developed particularly for the Western crowd, we are attempting to develop a new leaf, producing games which are genuinely free to perform." He says it to maintain MapleStory 2 and MapleStory M from getting pay-to-win, Nexon is "no longer requiring players to pay to get particular elements necessary for winning," and it'll disclose loot crate rates upfront, an increasingly common practice.

MapleStory M and MapleStory 2 will nevertheless have particular features that are eased by superior currency, like getting special haircuts and eyes, faster transportation across towns, and additional skill pages. But players aren't at any substantial disadvantage if they don't pay for those features. People have debated on Nexon forums whether the Korean variant of MapleStory 2 is pay-to-win and they haven't come to any true consensus.

There's also an opportunity for important changes that Nexon can introduce in its mobile and 3D iterations of MapleStory. The programmers for MapleStory M have said that, while the sport now doesn't allow you to marry other players, if union is added there'll be support for LGBTQ weddings. That is a step up from the original Maple, which did not allow same-sex marriage, paralleling South Korea's real-life refusal to legally recognize gay marriage. Similarly, particular jobs and courses are no more gender bound, although the game still only offers two sexes. These changes are as meaningful as upgraded graphics, helping maneuver a 15-year-old game to the modern day.

Lately, I log on MapleStory 2's main town, Tria, and the square appears really bustling with life, it lags every time a individual jumps. Nonetheless, it's the fantastic kind of lag which shows the server is alive. From that vantage point, MapleStory is appearing the furthest from lifeless that it has been since 2009. https://www.mmotank.com/Maplestory-2-Mesos.html
Mmoak2018

Zurück zu Forum